Product Return / Refund / Cancellation Policies
Purchases of downloadable products/services are final and non-refundable. Returns of paper-based study materials, prepackaged software, or product packages will be accepted within 30 days of the date you receive your order. All materials must be returned in original, like-new, resalable condition and in the original packaging and/or shrink-wrap, and product package returns must include all originally shipped components. Returns are subject to a $20 Restocking/Administrative Fee.
Defective materials may be exchanged for the same product within 90 days of delivery.
Requests to cancel orders that have been processed are subject to a $20 restocking fee. If the order has been shipped and is in transit with the courier service, a $20 restocking fee plus shipment costs will be charged against the refund amount. You must contact our Customer Service department via phone, fax or email, to obtain a Return Authorization (RA) number. The box the materials are returned in must be postmarked within 30 days of receipt of the order and you need to include the RA number with the returned items. Please return the materials, along with a copy of the original invoice and return authorization number to:
C/O LSC Communications
1433 Pleasant Valley Road
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Refunds will be issued to the original payment method within 30-45 business days after the return is received and processed.
Web-based Courses and Classes
Web-based courses and classes are only eligible for a refund within 30 days of purchase, and only if the course or class has NOT been accessed. A $20 administrative fee will apply. Web-based courses and classes are not eligible for Reschedules, Transfers, or PassProtection™ Retakes, as archives are available.
If you cancel your enrollment in a Live Class, you will receive a full refund upon the return of unused materials, for up to 30 days after the date of purchase, but no later than 7 days prior to class start date. If you choose to cancel your enrollment within 7 days of the class start date or after, a cancellation/restocking fee of $100 or 50% of your original class cost, whichever is less, will apply. All class materials must be returned in original, like-new, resalable condition and in the original packaging and/or shrink-wrap.
In the unlikely event that we cancel a class, you will be notified in advance whenever possible, and you will be eligible for a full refund.
Reschedules / Transfers
If you need to reschedule (change the date) or transfer (change the location of) your public Live Class, please contact our Customer Service department at (800) 824-8742. You may only reschedule/transfer if you have not attended the class. A class may be rescheduled/transferred up to four (4) times at no charge, provided the request is made eight (8) days prior to your class start date. If your request is within 7 days of your class start date, or after the class has started, you may be subject to a $20 administrative fee. If you transfer/reschedule the same class more than four (4) times in a year, then administrative fees may apply to each subsequent reschedule/transfer.
All reschedule/transfer requests are subject to space availability in the requested class dates. The rescheduled/transferred class must be of the same title as the prior enrollment. If you would like to reschedule/transfer to a class of a different title, a return will be processed and you will be enrolled in the new class, provided your request is received within 30 days of original purchase, subject to fees stated herein.
*All program policies are subject to the rules and/or requirements established by individual states. For more information about refund policies in specific states, please see the "State Policies" section below.
1. Discount Policy - Kaplan offers a Volume Discount to certain customers, which allows those customers to purchase Kaplan's regularly priced items (non-discounted products) (hereinafter "Kaplan Products") at a discounted price.
2. Volume Discount Application - Customer and its Employees/Agents shall be entitled to purchase any NON-Discounted Kaplan Products at a price equal to the then-current retail price, less the volume discount applicable to the Kaplan Products. The Schedule A below provides the Volume Discounts available to Customer and its Employees/Agents for specific Kaplan Products. All purchases of Kaplan Products on this portal will receive either the Volume Discount off the standard retail price, or any special pricing negotiated with the Company (whichever is more favorable to the Customer). This Policy does not obligate the Customer to purchase any Kaplan Products.
3. Establishing the Volume Discount Level - For the purposes of this Policy, "Contract Year" shall be defined as either (a) the twelve-month period commencing on the Effective Date of launch of the Kaplan portal; or (b) any twelve (12) month period commencing on January 1st following the Effective Date. The Volume Discount level for the first Contract Year will be determined by agreement between Kaplan and Company. The Volume Discount level applicable to each subsequent Contract Year will be established based on the aggregate sales volume of Kaplan Products purchased by Customer and its Employees/Agents during the prior Contract Year ("PY Sales Volume"). The PY Sales Volume will include all purchases by Customer and its Employees/Agents that are linked to this portal. These purchases may include purchases from Kaplan Financial Education through any of its proprietary brands. Only sales volume that results in monies actually collected by Kaplan Financial Education will be applied to the sales volume calculations.
4. Notice of New Volume Discount - Within thirty (30) days of the end of a Contract Year, Kaplan will endeavor to provide Customer with written notice of the PY Sales Volume and the consequent change, if any, to the Volume Discount for the upcoming Contract Year.
5. Application of Volume Discount - All purchases of Kaplan Products shall be included in determining the actual Volume of purchases made by the Company, however, the discounts listed herein, shall be applied only to the then-current retail price for the Kaplan Products and will not be applied to any otherwise discounted price or along with any special offer. The purchaser shall receive either the Volume Discounted price or the special offer price, whichever is more favorable to the purchaser. Kaplan reserves the right to adjust its current retail price for any of the Kaplan Products at any time or from time to time without
6. Prices Listed on Portal -The prices listed on this portal shall be either (i) the price associated with the special terms outlined in an agreement between Company and Kaplan, or (ii) the price determined by taking the Volume Discount percentage multiplied by Kaplan's then standard retail price. (ie: the prices listed on this portal are the prices to be paid by the Customer and or its Employees/Agents).
7. Suspension of Volume Discount - In the event that any invoice is not paid when due, Kaplan Financial Education reserves the right to (i) discontinue processing orders placed by Customer or its Employees/Agents for Kaplan Products, and/or (ii) suspend the applicable Volume Discount such that the Volume Discount will not be applied to any purchases of Kaplan Products placed while a past-due invoice remains unpaid and/or (iii) terminate this Policy, in each case at the sole discretion of Kaplan Financial Education.
Volume Discount Schedule*
VOLUME DISCOUNT POLICY FOR CORPORATE CLIENTS & INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
Total Annual Purchase Volume
Insurance & Securities
* The discount percentages listed in this schedule, and or the dollar figures associated with each discount level are valid as of 11/11/09.
Price Adjustment Policy
Discount or pricing adjustment requests will be accepted within 30 days of the date your order was processed for fulfillment. We are unable to honor discounts or issue refunds for orders processed beyond that timeframe. Discounted pricing cannot be combined with any other offers, coupons, discounts, or promotions. We reserve the right to correct any incorrect pricing / charges that may have occurred.
All materials are shipped as promptly as possible based on product availability, usually within 1 business day after receipt of order and payment processing. Orders are shipped via UPS Standard Ground unless otherwise instructed. For an additional fee, we will ship materials by Next-Day or 2nd Day service. Next-Day and 2nd Day order requests must be received by 1:00 pm Eastern time to be delivered the following business day. Delivery dates are subject to UPS delivery schedules.
Online access to study materials for Insurance and Securities licensing courses, QBank software, and Total Access CE shall be granted for a period of 120 days from the date of purchase. Course titles are subject to change without notice.
PassProtection™ Retake Policy
Kaplan Professional Education is confident that you will pass your Securities or Insurance Licensing Exam after taking our Live Class. However, in the event that you were unsuccessful in passing your exam, or simply wish to take the class again, please contact our Customer Service department at (800) 824-8742. You may retake the same class, subject to the conditions described herein, within one year of the date purchased.
All enrollments under the PassProtection™ program are subject to space availability in the requested class. Web-based courses or classes may be substituted for live classes at our discretion. PassProtection™ Retakes are limited to a combined total of three (3) occurrences within one year of the date purchased. If you have exceeded this limitation or the timeframe of one year from date of purchase, you will need to re-purchase the materials and/or class and a new PassProtection™ Retake term will begin.
For more information, please call Customer Service at (800) 824-8742.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Please review periodically at www.kfeducation.com/help/terms/.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as our complaint policy, please contact our offices at (800) 824-8742 or (608) 779-8301 (International).
All program policies are subject to the rules and/or requirements established by individual states. For more information about refund policies in specific states, please see the state policies listed below.
Colorado Division of Private Occupational Schools
Refunds will be provided within 30 days of termination date provided the following conditions are satisfied. Termination date is the date the school receives written or verbal notice of a student’s intention to terminate or cancel his/her enrollment, or the date on which the student violates the published attendance policy.
For all courses and programs, Kaplan will pay a full refund of all tuition and fees paid by a prospective student if: (1) a prospective student is not accepted by Kaplan; (2) for classroom courses and programs, within three days after initial payment a student notifies Kaplan of his or her intention to terminate the enrollment, provided that training has not started; (3) for correspondence courses and programs, within three days after initial payment a student notifies Kaplan of his or her intention to terminate the enrollment; or (4) Kaplan discontinues a course during the period of time within which a student could reasonably have completed the course as defined in the Standard of Progress above. Refunds called for by provision (4) shall not apply in the event that the school ceases operation.
For classroom courses and programs, Kaplan will pay a full refund of tuition and fees paid less a cancellation charge (not to exceed $150) of 20% of the tuition for the course(s) the student is terminating when terminated more than 3 days after the date of enrollment but before training has started. "Training" for correspondence courses and programs commences on the date of enrollment, so refund requests made more than 3 days after date of enrollment for correspondence courses are subject to the policy below.
For refund requests and terminations made more than 3 days after initial enrollment or after training has commenced, Kaplan will retain a cancellation charge of 20% of the tuition (but not to exceed $150.00) for all courses and then pay a refund based on the following policies. Note that this cancellation charge does not apply to the full refund conditions described above, or to refunds under the Veterans Refund Policy set forth separately below. The refund percentages described here shall be applied to full tuition and fees actually paid by the student after deducting the cancellation charge, and not to books. If a student discontinues training or is terminated by Kaplan, the following refund will be made to the student within 30 days of official determination of the termination date (the date on which Kaplan receives written or verbal notice of a student’s intention to discontinue training, or the date on which the student violates the published attendance policy). Refunds will be calculated as follows:
|A student terminating training...
||is entitled to a refund of...
|Within first 10% of program
||90% refund less cancellation charge
|After 10% but within 25% of program
||75% refund less cancellation charge
|After 25% but within 50% of program
||50% refund less cancellation charge
|After 50% but within 75% of program
||25% refund less cancellation charge
|After 75% completed (if paid in full, no cancellation charge is applicable)
Completion percentages will be determined by the number of classroom sessions attended, the number of correspondence lesson quizzes returned (if applicable), or the number of correspondence lessons that should have been completed beginning on the date of initial payment, according to the "lessons per week" standard shown for the satisfactory standards progress described above.
For continuing education courses, after three days from enrollment students will not receive a refund but students will be given credit toward another course of the student’s choosing. Credit can be used for up to one year from the date of enrollment. Books and materials provided for all courses and programs must be returned to Kaplan before any refund can be issued and are not separately refundable. However, if a student cancels and fails to return the course materials, the cost of these materials will be deducted from the total refund given to the student. The charge for books and materials will be based on the tuition fee charged for the equivalent self-study (correspondence) material. No refund is made for shipping or tax charges. Any materials which cannot be re-used will not be refunded. Retail books purchased from our bookstore that have not been opened or used may be returned for a full refund for up to 30 days from the date of purchase.
Postponement of a starting date, whether at the request of the school or the student, requires a written agreement signed by the student and the school. The agreement must set forth: (a) Whether the postponement is for the convenience of the school or the student, and (b) A deadline for the new start date, beyond which the start date will not be postponed. If the course is not commenced, or the student fails to attend by the new start date set forth in the agreement, the student will be entitled to an appropriate refund of prepaid tuition and fees within 30 days of the deadline of the new start date set forth in the agreement, determined in accordance with the school’s refund policy and all applicable laws and rules concerning the Private Occupational Education Act of 1981. Kaplan policies for granting credit for previous training, if applicable, shall not affect this refund policy. Any student who has a comment or complaint regarding Kaplan is invited to write or call the school director personally at our Denver location. Kaplan is Approved and Regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board (DPOS). Complaints or claims pursuant to Section 12-59-118, C.R.S. or Section 12-59-115(6)(a), C.R.S., may be filed in writing or online with DPOS within two years after the student discontinues training with Kaplan or at any time prior to the commencement of training. Other complaints may be filed in writing or online with DPOS within two years of the date the alleged injury and its cause were known or should have been known. All complaints must be in writing or filed online. No action regarding third party complaints is required, except as required by Section 12-59-115(6) (a), C.R.S. The Division of Private Occupational Schools is located at 1560 Broadway, Suite 1600, Denver, CO 80202. Their phone number is 303-866-2723 and their website is http://highered.colorado.gov/dpos. Each of the policies and programs above are described in our College Bulletin, which is provided to students upon enrollment.
Tennessee Higher Education Commission Policy
Kaplan Financial Education is authorized for operation as a postsecondary educational institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. In order to view detailed job placement and graduation information on the programs offered by Kaplan Financial Education, please visit www.state.tn.us/thec and click on the Authorized Institutions Data button.
Texas Workforce Commission Refund Policy
- Refund computations will be based on the period of enrollment computed on basis of course time (clock hours).
- The effective date of termination for refund purposes will be the earliest of the following:
- the last date of attendance; or
- the date of receipt of written notice from the student
- If tuition and fees are collected in advance of entrance, and the student does not enter school, not more than $100 shall be retained by the school.
- If the student fails to enter the seminar, withdraws, or is discontinued at any time before completion of the seminar, the student will be refunded the pro-rata portion of the tuition, fees, and other charges that the number of class hours remaining in the seminar after the effective date of termination bears to the total number of class hours in the seminar.
- A full refund of all tuition and fees is due in each of the following cases:
- an enrollee is not accepted by the school;
- if the seminar of instruction is discontinued by the school, and this prevents the student from completing the seminar; or
- if the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation by the owner or the representatives of the school.
- REFUND POLICY FOR STUDENTS CALLED TO ACTIVE MILITARY SERVICE.
A student of the school or college who withdraws from the school or college as a result of the student being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard may elect one of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled:
- if tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro rata refund of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and a cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal;
- a grade of incomplete with the designation "withdrawn-military" for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade on the student’s transcript, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or
- the assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, but only if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has:
- satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and
- demonstrated sufficient mastery of the program material to receive credit for completing the program.
- Refunds will be totally consummated within 60 days after the effective date of termination.
- STUDENT COMPLAINT POLICY
Kaplan has a Certificate of Approval from the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC). The TWC-assigned school number is: S0184. The school’s programs are approved by TWC.
Students must address their concerns about Kaplan or any of its educational programs by following the grievance process outlined in the school’s catalog. Kaplan is responsible for ensuring and documenting that all students have received a copy of our grievance procedures and for describing these procedures in the school’s published catalog. If you were not provided with this information, please inform school management.
Students dissatisfied with Kaplan’s response to their complaint or who are not able to file a complaint with the school, can file a formal complaint with TWC, as well as with other relevant agencies.
Information on filing a complaint with TWC can be found on TWC’s Career Schools and Colleges Website at http://csc.twc.state.tx.us/.
Disclosures Required by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC)
Kaplan Financial Education is authorized by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. This authorization must be renewed each year and is based on an evaluation by minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility. For complaints, contact our customer service department at 877-962-9006. If a complaint is not settled at the institutional level, the student may contact the Tennessee Higher Education Commission, Nashville, TN 37243-0830, or call 615-741-5293.
Enrollment and Admissions Policy/Previous Education
Students may enroll on any day the school is open or online by visiting our website. Admissions are open to any qualified applicant. No qualified person may be excluded from enrollment to classes on the basis of age, race, gender, or national origin. There are no specific course prerequisites or other requirements for admission. We grant no credit for previous education or training. Students are preparing for a specific examination required by federal or state insurance or securities regulators, who will determine acceptance into the profession.
No job placement assistance will be offered. Kaplan Financial Education cannot guarantee employment upon completion of the course. Students should be aware that transfer of credit is always the responsibility of the receiving institution. Any student interested in transferring credit hours should check with the receiving institution directly to determine to what extent, if any, credit hours can be transferred.
All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if the applicant is rejected by the school before enrollment. An applicant fee of not more than $25.00 may be retained by the school if the applicant is denied. All tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if requested within three business days after signing a contract with the school. All refunds shall be returned within 30 days.
- Absence: Absence will be excused for illness, death, or birth in the immediate family; any other valid reasons must be substantiated in writing (at the discretion of the school director). All other absences will be considered unexcused.
- Tardiness: Tardiness on two occasions in one class will be considered as one unexcused absence.
- Interruption for Unsatisfactory Attendance: Students with three unexcused absences in any class will receive written notification of academic probation. Academic probation means the student will receive no credit and will have to repeat the course in its entirety to receive full course credit hours.
- Make-Up Work: Make-up work may be required for any absence. However, hours of make-up work cannot be accepted as hours of class attendance.
- Leave of Absence: Written requests for leaves of absence will be considered and granted to students at the discretion of the school director.
Last revised on 11-09-11